LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramana (Business)     26 June 2024

Regarding death threat and property issue

Dear Sir/Madam,

I am NRI residing in dubai and facing multiple issues related to the agricultural property at Hosur, Krishnagiri District, Tamil Nadu.

1) The property is registered (it was ancestral property and had executed partition deed with my brother) under my name of extent of 3 acres and all the title and other documents are clear.
2) I am selling the property to cover certain financial obligations in india and during the survey process we found that the neighbor has encroached some 0.3 acres extent of land.
3) When we asked him to release our portion of land, he is threatening us verbally to kill us, behead us and kill all our family members .
4) This same neighbor is now claiming another 1 acre of my brothers agricultural land (separate parcel of land registered under my brother's name) and not allowing my brother to visit the land premise and threatening him as mention above.
5) When my brother asked to produce the land related documents, he does not have one and just he is threatening him daily and asking him to register land to his name forcefully.

My brother approached local police station and informed the matter and looks the local police took money from my brother forcefully and also from the neighbor and did nothing and said to settle the matter.

Now we cannot start putting civil case for this encroachment since it takes long time to resolve and also we are in need of money for our financial obligations and on other had we also cannot remain silent based on death threats received from the neighbor.

Can someone suggest what we can do here?


 3 Replies

Dr. J C Vashista (Advocate )     26 June 2024

File a case for demarcation before revenue authorities through a local prudent lawyer.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 June 2024

There is a civil dispute and civil court alone can adjudicate. It may be time consuming.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     26 June 2024

The civil suits will of course take time for disposal but that is inevitable especially if you want to have permanent solution for this. 

You pretty well know that opposite party seems to be a rowdy element and he will buy police also,  hence you cannot rely upon police for relief. 

You may have to file a permanent injunction suit to restrain him from interfering with your possession and enjoyment. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register