Civil Procedure Code (CPC)

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Harsha RL   25 July 2016

Refund of excess payment made on credit card

Hi All, By mistake while settling my due to Kotak credit card, I have made excess payment of 9339/- and it is also showing in my current statement. From 1 week I am contacting a Manger from collection department as advised by Kotak customer service executive. First day he told me that he will raise this concern with his higher department and get me the refund. But from second day he is not lifting the call and when lifts the call he will tell me same old thing that he is not got any update. I tried to inform Kotak credit card customer care but they are asking me to get in touch with same collection Manager. Even they are providing any contact to escalate the same. Kindly let me know the action can be taken for the same.

 6 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     25 July 2016

Did you record the calls?


Send a written communication under proper acknowledgment and narrate (mention dates/names/brief minutes) all previous representations and demand payment by Bank DD thru Redg. Post so as to reach you in say next 3 days.


Therafter you can approach BO,RBI,DCDRF preferably under expert guidance of your able counsel.


JustAdvisor (IT)     25 July 2016

under section 72 of the Indian contract act, bank is bound to return the amount to you. please take steps as advised above.

P. Venu (Advocate)     26 July 2016

Certainly, the excess amount will be adjusted against future credits. 

Harsha RL   26 July 2016

The card is under block and no transaction can be done.hence no adjustment.



Kumar Doab (FIN)     26 July 2016

Write to MD of M/s Kotak Credit card

Hemal ganatra (Proprietor)     27 July 2016

if you have documentary evidence , file a consumer complaint or it might even be refunded on legal notice

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query