Criminal Trident Pack: IPC, CrPC and IEA by Sr. Adv. G.S Shukla and Adv. Raghav Arora
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sreekanth polaka (Engineer)     18 January 2012

Rectification deed to change the schedule



I bought a site in a residential layout in bangalore from the land owner site no : 52.

Due to some unavoidable reason, he has to handover the other site instead of the originally registered site (site no : 65).

we have to change the site number and the surroundings(East by, West by, Sounth by, north by).

can we do this with the rectification/Extension deed?

Thank you in advance for the help....


Sreekanth Polaka


 4 Replies

kumar (NIL)     18 January 2012

i better suggest you to for a new registration, i will tell you why? If some X person will purchase the site no.52 in future, then at the when he go for registration - Registrar will not do the registration for the same. If he did the same, it will be double registration. Then the other party will raise this issue with the eyes of law.

So I better suggest you to cancell the old registration and do a fresh registration with the new site no...

Thank You..

1 Like

Bhawani Mahapatra (Law Officer)     18 January 2012

Dear Shreekanth No need to register a fresh deed. Immediately you should register a rectification deed, but before that, you should ensure where site No. 52 is not sold to anyboldy else. If it is sold, then your rectification deed will of no use.
1 Like

sreekanth polaka (Engineer)     18 January 2012

Dear Sir,

Thank you for the reply. but the site 52 is already sold to some one else before selling to me.

that was the reason to give another site 65.

How can we do this?


Sreekanth Polaka

kumar (NIL)     19 January 2012

Rectification deed will not valid in this case, what you want to do is cancel the old and deed and do a fresh deed. There is an another option where you can go for the Rectification Deed with change of Site Number & Boundaries along with the Builder / landlord and at the same time please collect an Indemnity / Declaration from land lord - stating that site number & boundaries has been wrongly mentioned in the sale deed.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Recent Topics

View More

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query