174. Recovery of money from insurer as arrear of land revenue. Where any amount is due from any person under an award, the Claims Tribunal may, on an application made to it by the person entitled to the amount, issue a certificate for the amount to the Collector and the Collector shall proceed to recover the same in the same manner as an arrear of land revenue.
The above section is says about the recovery of money from the insured as arrears of land revenue and its content goes to show that if any amount is due from any person under as award, on application made to the court by the person who was entitled, issue a certificate for the amount to the collector and the collector shall proceed to recover the same in the form of arrears of land revenue.
In the above context, i would like to raise some issues for your opinion
1) Can we also file the same in all pay and recovery awards to issue a certificate for the amount which was due to the collector and to direct the collector to recover the same in the manner as arrear of land revenue?
2) Was there any apex court judgments in the above context?
3) What will be draft format of the pitition proposed to be filed?.
4) Can the court direct the district collector who is not in their court jurisdiction in the cases where the Insured residing in some other district.
Request you to provide your opinion and draft vetted format of the pitition which is proposed to be filed
Request your kind co-operation in this regard