Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

mohan   28 November 2017

Recording statement in divorce matter in court

hello experts... 

I filed the divorce about 4 years back on grounds of cruelty. My divorce case has come to stage where i will be standing in the court and the opposite advocate will be asking me questions. Need suggestions on how this happens and what all the other advocate can ask me ? How to handle these questions and what all can i say / not say in court ?

pleae advice in detail.

Learning

5 Replies

SUNIL KUMAR (apprentice)     28 November 2017

Opposite party counsel will go for cross examination what you have submitted in your petition Besides he may ask you other questions related to your wife's side. Go through your petition and other important incidents Seek help of your counsel

Opposite party counsel will go for cross examination what you have submitted in your petition Besides he may ask you other questions related to your wife's side. Go through your petition and other important incidents Seek help of your counsel

(Guest)
Originally posted by : mohan
hello experts... 

I filed the divorce about 4 years back on grounds of cruelty. My divorce case has come to stage where i will be standing in the court and the opposite advocate will be asking me questions. Need suggestions on how this happens and what all the other advocate can ask me ? How to handle these questions and what all can i say / not say in court ?

pleae advice in detail.

What other advocate will ask how can anybody nkow but him? You need to approach the opposite lawyer and pose him this question.  See what he tells. Note down all the questions he will ask, prepare for them and give oral exam.

P. Venu (Advocate)     28 November 2017

The advocate for the opposite side has wide discretion while cross-examining.  He can pose you any question connected with the case as well as some questions to test your credibility. your advocate can intervene if the questions are inappropriate.

All that could be suggested is to avoid distortions and falsehood. A good lawyer them through rigorous cross-examination.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register