Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Rucha Pawar (legal executive)     11 July 2022

Recording mutation entry

Respected Sir,

one of my client purchased land in the year May 1998, but he did not recorded his name on 7/12 . after some months i.e. October 1998, the owner transfer the said land to other persons in the 3 different parts. The Owner was not having title to the property still he sold the property to subsequent purchasers. My client therefore filed a civil suit challenging the all the subsequent sale deeds .It is pending in the civil court. We approached to the Revenue Authorities to record the name of my client but they refused to do so , despite the fact fact that the mutation entries cannot be held abeyance while civil suit is pending. It is duty of Revenue officers to update their records for collection of tax purpose.
but Authorities are not ready to record.

Learning

1 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     12 July 2022

Even as property registration is mandatory in India, mutation is not legally enforceable. Mutation is, nonetheless, important, since it guarantees that all records related to a property are updated with the government. This enables an owner, without doubt, to sell his property

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register