LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

IISERgraduate (Teacher)     20 January 2016

Recognition of iiser's dual degree courses

I am a BS-MS graduate from one of the IISERs. Currently I have joined a college in Kerala as assistant professor and is now facing problems with getting approval for my post. All the students graduating from IISERs are facing similar issues in getting job at state level PSC and state universities as the BS-MS dual degree course is not included by the UGC in the gazette notification dated July 5, 2014 on the nomenclature of the degrees in India. Also the state universities demand course recognition for each subjects separately. Even after going through all the tedious process of course recognition, recognition will be given only if the syllabus matches upto 60% or so. IISERs are reputed institute in India where top students of the country study and it  being one among the 'institutes of national importance', it is hard to know about the legal issues that one has to face when they come into real life. Can someone tell me about the legal background of this issue and what can be done legally about this? 

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     23 January 2016

It is indeed the Instt. of National Importance.

Submit a petition to Minister and PM.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register