Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

V.Muralidharan   13 March 2016

Reclaiming property registered on wife's name

I purchased land in Bangalore on wife's name who works in BSNL during 2003.The property (Only land.No house constrution)was bought in her name because the property was sold by BSNL societey.I never intended to gift her.The entire money was paid by my fixed deposit account.She has also declared to her employer (government) that the property was bought on her husband's income.Now we want to get diverce .Can I recover it from her legally.She says she will insiston 50% of my all properties as alimony.She has government job and getting hands some salary.After retirement she will get full pension.I an NOT earning anything as I have developed some mental health problems.I can NOT handle stressful jobs and not earning monthly salary.

Can my wife claim that property I purchased(vacant land) on her name can NOT be returned?Can she claim Alimony given the fact that I can NOT handle stressful jobs due to mental health problem.I can include my psychiatrist statement.I do not have any salaried income except my bank balance and immovable properties.


Thank you,


 0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query