LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Koyel (Officer)     23 May 2011

Wrong DOB and Marital Status.

My brother married my sister in law in last January'2011.Now we have discovered that my sister in law submitted the birth proof which was not true;according to the submitted document she was 24 then but actually she is 28.And she hide her marital status also;she was a divorcee but she told that she was never married.Is this a criminal offence?

Learning

6 Replies

M.Sheik Mohammed Ali (advocate)     23 May 2011

yes its absolutely criminal offence under IPC, who ever hide previous marriage its punishable.

1 Like

(Guest)

If you can prove both these things, these are serious issues. On basis of hiding her prev marriage, your bro is even eligible for a divorce. This also comes under marital fraud.

1 Like

Victim_Kol (Middle Executive)     23 May 2011

What about the false DOB ?

Arup (UNEMPLOYED)     23 May 2011

criminal offence.

reg suppression of dob - ipc sec 416, 419, 120b and most probably 34, applicable on them

it is also a matrimonial offence sec 12(1) (c), hma

'What about the false DOB ?'   ---   ditto.

"she hide her marital status also;she was a divorcee but she told that she was never married.Is this a criminal offence?"   ---   it is criminal offence but unable tell the sec.   it is also a matrimonial offence.

2 Like

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     23 May 2011

yes its absolutely criminal offence under IPC, who ever hide previous marriage its punishable but If they set in their life and both r know that and anybody not objection and she agree that she talk  false statement and make false document and she realized that thenafter no problem in their life.

Victim_Kol (Middle Executive)     23 May 2011

Thanx Arupji !

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register