LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

visibleus (se)     09 February 2012

Wife facing us divorce

Hi Everybody,

        I am a women who has been served a divorce from my husband in US. We have been residing in US for 4 years now. My family is in india and In-laws have been verbally and emotionally harassing my parents since our marriage and when i stood up against it and fought with my husband to stop it. He filed a divorce in US

I want to know if i can drag my husband to indian court. His divorce attorney has filed a case under "irreconcilable differences" and says divorce will be branted by default to my husband within 30 days.

I don't know if i can talk about abuses being done to my parents in india here in US court. All i want is the truth to come out. Please help me. 


 5 Replies


Dude, your message title and contents do'nt tally.

visibleus (se)     09 February 2012

I am a women. so please try to understand. I am trying to state that I (wife) in marriage is facing divorce from My Husband in US.

Singham Sharma (Advocate)     10 February 2012

Best Advice is to simply shed your temptation to seek revenge, torture, harass, control, PUNISH your husband. Just reply to American court that You love you husband and you think that the differences will be solved with mediation.

I know that being polite will be tough for you. but thats the best strategy. Once you drag husband in jail / courts. Than courts based on your story might send him for jail for maximum 1 month. but thereafter you will never be able to reconcile or go back to him. Also courts are aware that draging is nothing but incompatibility so you may not be able to unleash hell on him (as desired)

After being relased on jail he will be free for ever and never come back. Besides this will create lot of mental agony to you, your parents, your relatives and every body will suffer (indirectly) for years and years.

So dont try to solve problems with anger, revenge in courts. even if you win you will ultimately be a looser in long run and will loose self respect.

Divorce can still be revoked bt not the 10-20 years of courts dragging.

Hari (pp)     10 February 2012

Hello Madam,

If you are really harrassed by your husband, then no court will support your husband.

For me personally, i feel that there is something wrong with you and you are harrasing your husband by black mailing him that you will drag him to indian courts.

Try to love your husband, if not you will loose many things in your life...take this advice seriously


Janhavi (Resourcer)     11 February 2012




Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads


Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query