Upgrad LLM

want to file a divorce


I am married for 4.5 years and due to various problems in our lives,
which started from the very first year of marriage,due to different thinking.
we have finally decided to quit. We have been staying separate for almost two years now.

I want to know the process of filing a divorce and what are the options available?

I want to have a speedy process and without any hassle, as i am located in Chennai
and my wife is in Mumbai.

Let me know if any other information is required.

Ravinder Singh Sekhon

Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com

Dear ravinder

if you w9ife is ready to divorce then you can file MCD within 1 year you get the divorce decree, if she is not ready then file a divorce petition and after follow all the process you can get the divorce decree.



where marriage was done ? both are staying location at the time of marriage give me details. best way mutual divorce only speedy way to get divorce. are you ready to give mutual divorce both of you.

or call me

My senior.

Mr. S. Elumalai, 



CellNo. 9444221865


Dear Ravinder Singh,  


Actually if your spouse also willing to get divorce the you both can mutually get divorce under Sec.13B of Hindu Marriage Act, if suppose you are  not under Hindu law, then i think you have to go in accordance with Parsi Act.


Thanks We both were staying in Mumbai (Bhandup West) at the time fo our marriage, But later we moved to some other place in mumbai (navi Mumbai)...But i am in Chennai (Since Feb) now due to my work constraints.

I need to talk to her to call it a Mutual consent, but i think she don't want to do it with mutual consent.


Sorry not parsi Act , first let us to know you belong to which religion?


We got married according to marathi rituals, but i am punjabi(Sikh) and my wife is bengali...my marriage was without my parents consent (that was a big mistake i made and it happend really quick).

Her parents were involved but financially i supported the wedding (it was 10 people gathering)

Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA

If she is not ready for MCD, the only option is contested divorce on grounds available in factual position.


You can request for speedy trial, but there is no guarantee that it would be accepted.


The case can be maintainable only in Mumbai/ Navi Mumbai.





Shonee Kapoor





Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



CrPC MASTERCLASS!     |    x