Webinar

verification of filing of appeal

Sir,

I met with an accident and sustained severe injuries and I have appointed an advocate for to plead my case in city civil court for compensation.  The court has given decree in my favour but awared less compensation.  I would like to go for appeal.  When I ask our advocate he told me that the has already assigned my case to another  advocate practcing at high court to file an appeal on my behalf.   He further told me the initial vakalat given by me is sufficient for appeal also.  But if I ask for Appeal No.  he was telling he would give later.  In this circumstances I have the following doubts.

Whether the initial vakalat given by me sufficient for appeal also?

whether our advocate would have filed appeal in high court?

How can I find out the fact that my appeal is going on in high court?

Please clarify the above

Thanking you all

RAMBO

you have to file fresh vakalatnama in appeal to high court.

the appeal may have been filed in registry and may not have been put up before the bench as there is no case of interim order. if it has been filed it will come up before bench in ordinary course.

to verify and get the appeal no. you have to chek the filing register in high court's office.

Dr. V.N. Tripathi, Advocate

09839527421; 0532-2545245

dr.vntripathi@yahoo.com

Advocate

Once visit to your High Court and check he matter in inquiry section. Now-a-days every office is computerised. whether appeal has been filed check by your name as  written in civil court case, if an appeal has been filed, it will show name parties and name of the advocates.

Advocate

Once visit to your High Court and check he matter in inquiry section. Now-a-days every office is computerised. whether appeal has been filed check by your name as  written in civil court case, if an appeal has been filed, it will show name parties and name of the advocates.

advocate

Dear Rambo,

Initial vakalatnama is not sufficient for appeal in High court.

Without your permission he has no right to file Appeal.

YOu must contact to the registrar of High Court yourself or throug your representative to get the real fact about the said appeal. matter is doubtfull.

Advocate

I agree with the views made by Mr pandey.

You may verify it from the enquiry section of concerning H.C.

Advocate

There is a classic case delivered by V.R.Krishna Iyer,J, in the case of Jamilabai Abdul Kadar vs Shankarlal Gulbachand and Others, as reported in 1975-(002)-SCC-0609-SC. No worry be Happy. The case will covered your case.

Advocate

See also Bihar State Electricity Board and Others vs Bhowra Kankanee Collieries Ltd. and Another as reported in AIR 1982-0060-SC. Judgment delivered by D.A.Desai and Bharul Islam,JJ.

LAWYER AT BUDHIRAJA & ASSOCIATES SUPREME COURT OF INDIA

Mr. N.K. Assumi is absolutely right.

mrs. buddhiraja is always right.

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

LAWyersclubindia Menu

Join the MasterClass     |    x