LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sd (owner)     08 May 2009

sis interference in fam for sake of prop

We are a Hindu family, my late grandpa exp. in 1976 leaving self acquired property, two sons, one died unmarried in 1995, and my father and three married well settled daughters. My grandma is 93 and going strong.

I have a married well-settled sis who got married in 1988.

I am the lone successor to my grandpa’s estate, since my uncle died unmarried; my brother in law has started feeling jealous. Has enough money and is powerful enough to influence my parents. My sis on his insistence keeps poisoning my parents against my wife and me. Due to this, I had also been misguided about my first wife with whom I started having differences and ill will and finally I divorced her due to irreconcilable differences and on their insistence and support. Once successful, they are trying stunts again. But this time, I have realised the real culprits are my sis and B-I-L. My father, aged 73, on my sis’s guidance is threatening me that he will lodge a police complaint that I am not looking after him in his old age and I am all alone and quite upset. He has also told me to get out of the house on four occasions. We don’t have alternate shelter and my wife is under constant stress, is heading for depression, as I can see symptoms of weight gain, palpitation, forgetfulness etc. I have tried talking to my parents, grandma, and they seem to understand things, only till they again speak to my sis. My mother is diabetic and needs attention and support, but is losing all this due to materialistic intentions of my sis. We have settled the family with lots of difficulty and now everything is out for destruction. Kindly guide me on Hindu succession act amendment 2004, and my stand on ancestral property. What are the precautions and legal groundwork I need to do to safeguard my interest? Since my sister is married before 2004, is she eligible for 50 % share in my fathers share? I also fear my life, what precautions should I take to safeguard my wife and daughter ? In case, something happens to me, what safety do I enact for my wife and child ? In case, my father files a police complaint, as mentioned above and looking at circumstances, when daughter is pleading share in property, is she also responsible and liable for parents upkeep.? Can I issue my sister a legal warning that whatever she is doing, anything happens to me, my family, my parents, she shall be responsible, liable for an answer. What can be her worst action looking at the whole case ?

Learning

2 Replies

Swami Sadashiva Brahmendra Sar (Nil)     08 May 2009

even you are not ready to give respect to her in lieu of share !

sd (owner)     09 May 2009

I am ready if my father gives her more than her legal share, but the real question is will it stop at 50 % or 100 %. I already mentioned my father telling me to leave the house. I have told my father several ties to commit her share, but he fears by doing that I shall stop taking care of them. My sis positions herself to be superior and rich and does not have the means and way to ask for it. That is why she resorts to arm twisting techniques often demonstrated by all 9 PM “K” TV serials. My father cannot oppose my mother because of her heavy diabetes. I am fully occupied in business, my wife in her insurance work, household and kid. My sis and mother are unoccupied, and therefore empty minds ended up into D workshops. She keeps feeding wrong ideas into parents that I should do this and do that and this is not the way, constantly harassing me and wife thro my mother and father. She has spoiled my first marriage and is trying her best foot again. You will agree that after marriage, priorities change, and a person spends more time with wife and kiddo. Person can take care of parents provided they are cooperative, and if this way they keep on creating hurdles, you have to leave them to realise their doings rather than pamper them. Sis takes advantage by creating more grudge in their minds for me. Case of tug of war. I have never confronted my sis, but she understands now that I am avoiding her. I simply want peace, and if given that, we can earn a lot of our own money that shall give us more satisfaction and contentment. Let’s be practical, who will enjoy more, a young man with thousand rupees or an old man with 100 millions. Moral of the story, let me have peace and enjoy my life with my own money. I know it is a complex problem, kindly help me with an amicable solution.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register