Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

SPRakesh SP (others)     25 January 2012

Property transfer - need help !!


The current property in which I am staying was inherited by us from our Grandfather. He had made a Will stating that the property should be divided equally among his two sons(my father and uncle) and his wife(my grandmother). Later, upon his death, the property was transferred in the name of my Grandmother. However, its been nearly 10 years since my grandmother died too, and apparently the property and other relevant things haven't yet been transferred to either my father's and uncle's names or to our names(two grandsons).

So my questions are:

1) Is is possible for the property to be directly transferred to the two grandsons directly from my Grandmothers name ? Or is it that it has to first transferred to our parents(1st descendants) then to us(2nd descendants) ?

2) What are the costs that will be involved while transferring it ? Should we pay registration tax etc given that its a inherited property and we are the lawful owners now ? If yes for a property worth 20lacs how much would be total cost ?

3) What are the documents that will be required to get the property transferred to our names ?

4) Is there any potential problem if we leave the property still in the name of my Grandmother ? If yes what ?

Please let me know at the earliest, as I have to discuss with my uncle about a possible transfer of property in our names.



 2 Replies

VINAYAGAMOORTHY (Chief Executive Officer)     26 January 2012

first thing your father and uncle have parity of right over the bequeathed property,along with your grandmather. while so  your father and uncle entitiled 1/3 share in the willed property.if so after the demise of your grandmother ,your father and uncle entitled 1/2 share in the absence of any other testamentary holder of your legal sanctionity to grandchildren before valid partion among your father and uncle.

sathish kumar (superviser)     27 January 2012

HI sir

My mother had purchased a revenue site Bangalire in1988 .It is Gpa registered through notary. since then it not registered . now my mother grew old now she wants to trasnsfer the site to her sons (us) through registration .no khatha is made. now  my question is


Is possible to  register the site in  sons name  through

1   registration or 2.  gift deed or 3.  Will.    which is the best way to transfer the site to sons

  when will the govt. open registration of revenue sites in bangalore


please answer  my E mail Id  is




                                                                                                      thank you

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query