name change on ssc certificate

i need sme help my name is saleha butool as on birth certificate and on the passport but it got misprinted as saleha batul on ssc certificate i want to knw wats d procedure for name change on ssc certificate pls help


you approach your school, HM- request him to write a letter along with birth certificate to change your name as you seen in birth.

or you get the HM letter and approach SSC board office ,in your state to amend your name.

After that you can amend your name in Passport by paying Rs.500/- in passport office. 



sir my name  is mahamkali lakshmi narasimha gowtham sarma. i have studied 10th class only. my name was given in school and my 10th certificate printed as mahamkali lakshmi narasimha gowtham only. after 10th i have studied vadam as we are bramhin veda pandits family. my vedam certificated are given with my full name adding "sarma".  i have got job in a.p. endowments temple as veda pandit basing on my veda pandit certificates

now the problem is i want my id cards with full name i.e. (mahamkali lakshmi narasimha gowtham sarma)

i have no birth cirtificate, i want to change my name in 10th certificate please help me.


pls call me i can guide u 09985133699


Dear Sir,

I am udaykiran completed my SSC in 2001.

My name SSC certificate got printed wrongly. It is printed as "udayakiran"  actual name is "udaykiran" ( "a" printed extra between "uday" and "kiran"). I realized this very late. Except my SSC certificate everything is with correct name , including  Intermeditate,B.Tech,Passport and other certificates.

Can u please guide me how to correct the name in SSC certificate .?





Dear Sir,

I am Sunil kumar and i am pursuing my graduation 3rd year...

I would like to change my name from "Sunil Kumar" to "Sunil Kishan Shinde" in my 10th, Inter, and Degree cerificates and even my father name in above certificates.... please help me.... 

you can contact me on below no and e mail me





Dear sir,

           I am suresh from kurnool.i changed my surname from GUNDRATHI  to EDIGA in ap central gov press i;e in gozette office.but pass port authority not accepting it .they suggested me to chage my name in ssc certificate.  how can i change my name in ssc plz suggest me.

my mail id is

Prakash Legal Clinic Haridwar

In which year you have passed SSC. Recently or Since before. in Both situation different way.

who is responcible for said mistake. If you than made an affidavit for correction the name and produced before authority. They will made correction.

If not you are- than produce application to correct the name spell.

Paid fee- if any.

If recently than produced application before Principal of school. he will sent your request to education authority.

software developer

Dear sir,

I am abhijit from maharashtra.i changed my middlename from BALKRUSHNA to BALKRISHNA in ap central gov press i;e in gozette office.but pass port authority not accepting it .they suggested me to chage my name in ssc certificate. how can i change my name in ssc plz suggest me. my mail id is

Software Engineer

Here is what i have gone through, it might help someone. This i have done in 2010.

I was a 1998 ssc passout. My Name is Raghu Tej Bhidam but it was wrongly written as Raghutej Bhid (last two letter and space after raghu are missing).

** Am not using my exact name here.

I want correct name on my passport, as they said they will give passport as mentioned in ssc, i started with correcting SSC certificate.

1. went to school from where i appreared for 10th exams, took covering letter from school head master, letters states i have appreared for ssc from their school with register number so and so.. requesting to change my name on ssc certificate.

2.Took a copy of the register of list of candidate sent to ssc exam (only the page where my name is mentioned) from school.

3. I dont exactly remember, but i think i filled an application form give by ssc board for change of name and got it signed with school ceal. (please check this at SSC board).

4. I think i took a notaray just to be safe, though this is of no use.(I dont remeber correctly, but though it is not required just to be safe, dont want to run to hyd and vizag as it is far).

At SCC board they refused to correct the ssc certificate as they have some rules. We need to correct it with in an year or so. This condition will be written on your ssc certificate, have a look. Mine was more than 10years by the

I managed them by some way* and they agree to add last two letter to my name. They said they cant do anything for the missing space after "Raghu". Last two letter were written with black pen. ceal was give ssc certificate and a supporting letter regarding the change was also given.

At ssc board it took 2 full days to handle this.

At the school 1day.

It all depends on how good you are at managing. If required take help of relatives or frnds who could speak/ manage/influence at ssc board.

**You definetly dont need a lawyer for this proceedure other than if you are interested in going for a notary.

Once you have ssc in hand, Passport correction can be done by paying amount at any passport offer or passport seva kendra.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Muslim Personal Law     |    x