LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

(Guest)

Live in relationship- whether its crime? and othe queries

I have heard that many state Govt  have been opposing the Livein relationships which has been prevailing among the couples. Whether its crime as per the law?

Will not it affect the parties in their married life for future in case if the relationship fails due to any reason?

Whether any party can seek divorce on this ground that her partner had the history of Live in relationship with some one prior to his/her marraiage?

If any married man/woman is live in relationship with some other , whether the Oppsite party can seek divorce on this ground?

Learning

4 Replies

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     06 July 2011

Whether its crime as per the law?
Take: There is no Law in present for the asked que. Society (conservative / customary) are still struggling to give acceptance socially to Live-in in
India otherwise it was in existence in India
from so many centuries!

Will not it affect the parties in their married life for future in case if the relationship fails due to any reason?
Take: Yes, it depends how the aggrieved at one point of time co-dependence partner now takes life!

Whether any party can seek divorce on this ground that her partner had the history of Live-in relationship with some one prior to his/her marriage?
Take: No, as it is not yet recognised by any provisions of Law.

If any married man/woman is live in relationship with some other, whether the opposite party can seek divorce on this ground?
Take: Que. repeated but with minor twist already answered above
J

Take (generic): It is most suitable way of life of nucleus living especially for metro youths but with all due diligence one may enter into it. 

(Guest)

"If any married man/woman is live in relationship with some other , whether the Oppsite party can seek divorce on this ground?"
I hope you don't mean adultery, adultery by a man is punishable by law. who are you referring to as 'opposite party'? The question is not clear.

(Guest)

Further, a woman in a live in relationship does have some legal rights, and if you want a 'no strings attached' kind of a relationship then please study those rights. I am not a law expert.

priya (student)     07 July 2011

live in was a part of our mock GD in my training recently and i spoke to full extent even quoting sections such as 498A & DV act , husbands being tortured,false casesand conditions for maintenance...everyone was silent they had no clue what to say n were surprised what depth i had in the topic!

2 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register