LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Brajesh Sharma (DBM)     06 November 2011

Invalid termination

This is in respect with my termination from services which was done in the month of Feburary this year. I was designated as Assistant Manger-II in Retail Branch of Icici Bank

REASON FOR TERMINATION:-

There was a complaint received at M.D's office that Bikaner branch sales staff is  mis-selling of Life Insurance Product by giving false promises of guaranteed returns on investment. According to them it was violation of the laid down process while sourcing Life Insurance i.e mis-selling of LI policy and mis-leading the customers by making false commitments, related of KYC norms. RCU had investigated the matter by approaching respective branch Sales Officer as prospective customer. During investigation this Sales Office had actually followed mis-selling practices and he was accused of following allegations:-

• False confirmation of guaranteed doubling of investment in 5 years was given to the prospective customer.
  • Provided self printed fake brochures stating that returns will double in 5 years, mentioning your Mobile number on the brochure.
  • On request of the customer, round seal acknowledgment of  ICICI bank Ltd Bikaner was given on the brochure.
  • He also introduced customer with the Branch Manager who also confirmed that the money will be double in 5 years.
  • Later he sent the customer a text message on stating that it was the last day to avail the Life-Link Wealth SP policy and stated that the customer will be gifted a wrist watch if the customer applies on the same day.

Since I was working as Fee Manager & responsible for sales of Life Insurance & other financial products from branch. But entire branch including Branch Manager, Regional Manager and I were unaware of mis-selling practices of this accused Sales Officer.

During this investigation process I too had received one phone call from dummy customer planted by ICICI Bank Investigation Team. This dummy customer just asked me few details of above mentioned life insurance product and enquired about doubling of investment. I requested customer to meet me personally when I come back to branch or you give me your address details then I would ask our Financial Advisor from ICICI Prudential to get in touch with you.

But this team dragged me as well into this matter and accused me of following allegations:-

·         Mobile number was mentioned on self-printed fake brochures provided to clients(written manually).

·         False confirmation of guaranteed doubling of investment in 5 years was given.

We all three including Branch Manager who had given false confirmation to dummy client in person, received explanation mail from HR team. And terminated from services within the day of responding to these explanation mails without giving any opportunity of being heard.

In above episode I find myself to be completely innocent, having minimal involvement in the entire matter according to their investigation but they can't declare me guilty just on the basis of phone call.

Other Required Details:-

Duration of Service - 9 months

Status of Employment - Probation

Package - 6.5 lacs

Designation - Assistant Manager II 

I had faced a lot because of this crisis, but with God Grace now I have got good opportunity to work with well known company without showing my work exp with I Bank.

But as per my profile this banking exp can be really essential for my career in long run which I would like to show on my resume. Besides I want this Bank to pay for its deeds which itself pressurize/torture/compell its entire staff to mis-sell products.

Please guide me !!

Learning

1 Replies

(Guest)
Originally posted by :mona
"

Hello Dear,
good day,am Sandra Moyis,a very nice and beautiful humble girl,
who love to see something new,i saw your profile today and it was nice
to me,please permit me to know you more,here is my private Email
[sandramoyis@yahoo.com]please do reply me as to send you my pics,
and tell you more about myself,please dear do remember my Email,
[sandramoyis@yahoo.com]with love and kisses,
yours lovely
Sandra,
"

you have knocked the wrong door..Get lost.!

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register