LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     25 January 2012

Interpretation of written will documents:

In a case of allegations of forged signature in a will, the testator wrote I made this will in favor of........ and I hereby hand over the well........... in spite of will. There is an objection to the use of the word e in spite of i. But the documents read as a whole is very clear that it means to be will and not well. But the opposite cousel is saying that there is a different thing between  the letter i and e and it gives a different impression however silly as it appears to his arguments. Should the court pick out a letter from the written documents and says it gives different color to the documents?

Learning

4 Replies

Dharmesh Manjeshwar (Advocate/Lawyer)     25 January 2012

sir .... i think the argument wont work ......... document has to be read in whole and meaning interpreted ......

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     25 January 2012

Thanks.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     26 January 2012

This is depite the facts that the opposite counsel too had written well in spite of Will in his written statements in one of the paragraphs. But the Judge solemnly look at me and question me the validity of the Will that reminds me of Catterpillar questioning Alice in the Novel Alice in Wonder land.

N.K.Assumi (Advocate)     26 January 2012

LESSON FOR ADVOCATE IN COURT: We can not read the mind of the Court by any standard of intelligent, but a small insignificant mistake here and there will surely be pointed against you by the judge who is hostile to you, though he may give you an Angel Smile.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register