LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sanjeev001 (executive)     12 March 2012

Can i surrender voluntarily for 498a

Dear sir,

 the pain of expecting a 498a to fall on our family is excruiting, the constant threats of inlaws, and no action taking place, is killing my parents and myself, we are dying each day expecting the police to be at our doorstep every minute, my mother is ill and she is in extreme tension mentally, all sorts or allegation have been hurled at us, my family and me even though i live separately.

i want to know if i can surrender voluntarily in the court and request for arrest of my self as the mental trauma of expecting a 498a is much more than actally falling on my head. instead of fighting for years in courts i wish tosurrnder and finish the prison term of 4 years instead of dying every minute and every day and watch my parents die each day. it is really killing. i am fed up of this daily tension and wish to end this by surrendering my self to the police and asking for an arrest for my self.

dear members i am not joking, but this is a fact in my house right now. kindly give ur opinion. dear shonee sir, request your kind guidance. i am feeling shy to call you again and again for your kind advice, hence request you here to help.

thanks and regards


 18 Replies

Never Give Up (Fighter)     12 March 2012

If you are so much afraid , ask your bitter half her price tag. Pay it and finish it off by mutual consent divorce.

If you wish to fight back then start collecting evidences, start recording calls, start recording your and your family where abouts. Start collecting information about your bitter half education details / job etc etc...


Believe me its not so much of tension which you are taking it un-necessarily...I have seen there been there , through all this..




1 Like

Kiran Kumar (Lawyer)     12 March 2012

dont worry, if they have given a complaint to the police then seek anticipatory bail instantly...atleast your parents may get some protection instantly.


play some trick...file a petition under S.9 of Hindu Marriage Act for Restitution of Conjugal Rights, it will provide you a lot of saftey.


meet some local lawyer and act swiftly.


dont take it as a stress...hit the other party hard with prudence.

4 Like

Tajobsindia (Senior Partner )     12 March 2012

@ Author

Adding to Ld. Kiran's crisp reply;

Take your parents to local SIFF meetings and interact with local SIFF victim members. It is free local self help group of victims of gender biased Laws. SIFF local victims interaction acts like timely healing and there is no substitute to SIFF local chapter meetings is all that one can add here.

Sharing / listening / bonding with other victim husband and victim families at such free meetings is all that takes to cushion bolts out of the blues for hundreds of Indian husbands.

Try once with your aged parents going to such meetings and see the difference yourself.


1 Like

Sanjeev (Lawyer)     12 March 2012

the point you mentioned is not the solution to the problem fear of police and arrrst is killing you from inside probably check about the AB provisions in your state with a local lawyer. its only the initial procedures of 498a that are deadly later it moves slowly and no need to fear.

1 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     12 March 2012

@ the author, 

no immediate arrest - first efforts of mediation. (GR copy attached)

create evidences of the threatenings of ur in laws - this will help later.

keep ur homework ready for AB.

Join SIFF.

pass the initial heat of 498a - later in the trial, burdon of proving the alligations is on wife.

false 498a = ground for divorce.

the more u fear, the devil appears bigger !


@ Kiran Kumar sir, 

RCR is no defence of 498a. If u opine different, kindly enlighten.

Attached File : 721875255 no arrest in 498a 002.jpg, 721875255 no arrest in 498a 001.jpg downloaded: 361 times
1 Like

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     12 March 2012



Thanks Tajobs, Thanks Amit





Shonee Kapoor

3 Like

ADV Rajesh KASRIJA (ADVOCATE)     13 March 2012

dear Sanjeev 

dont be afraid of 498A this is nothing but only harrassment of the family members go to your local lawyer and file Abail and then fight against the davil of the society, this is the tool in the hand of the woment to harass her inlaws . I am advocate i have so many cases bitter then yours, if i tell u theirs stories u relised MERA GAM KITNA KAM HA


1 Like

rajiv_lodha (zz)     13 March 2012


There is no such scene now a days that POLICE COMES TO U UPON HER COMPLAINT & TAKES THE PARENTS AWAY!

So...................throw the fear out & fight with guts

1 Like

cm jain sir (ccc)     13 March 2012

SIF is the best option if you r from big town.

see some text below reg false 498a cases, courtesy from
*Advantages of false dowry cases*:

Never lose heart for these filthy cases, which kills time & money. It will definitely test your nerves & will power. At the end of this ordeal u will be surprised to see your own strength & will power growing immensely. Believe me, there is no other ordeal in this great nation (Jai Hind!) for
its own citizens as intimidating & cruel than false 498a case. (And not every citizen of this country is blessed with this case, to test their nerves)
Please concentrate on your job or business as usual. Everything will be cleared & u can start a fresh personal life. Believe me; these cases can supply immense will power, which u can use in job or business to deal with day to day problems.
Can get rid of ill educated & crooked wife.
You will be aware of so many laws, IPCs & functions of Indian Judiciary, Police & other Govt organizations.
Your strength & will power will improve tremendously, which will be very vital in this completive world. This is the real benefit out of 498a.

3 Like

Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     13 March 2012

rightly said by cm jain sir.

2 Like

ADV Rajesh KASRIJA (ADVOCATE)     14 March 2012




2 Like


Sanjeev Dont be a coward,  only th initial stage in the 498A is bit tense, just keep hope and some confidence.

You can call me on 9667343468. for more deatils where in i am also fighitng 498A and other cases.



Shantanu Wavhal (Worker)     18 March 2012

appreciate the view of satish yearva.

extortion & harrassment efforts should be defended tooth & nail.

husband's surrender = promotion of false case filers.

Shonee Kapoor (Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA)     18 March 2012

I disagree with Zeeshan, for me 4 days in jail was better than the rigormole which I was in for AB.


It all depends on your mental toughness.





Shonee Kapoor


PS: I had also surrendered and then gotten regular bail

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads