can i call again witness for cross examination

In a case of crpc 125

i changed the lawyer , the cross examination of girl has already happened one year before

now can i recall her at any ground to again cross examination

viz

• i will pay two and fro fair for girl as well as one more person who accompany her if permitted to cross examine
  • my earlier was not competent
  • some more evidence came into the light for which she needs cross examination

any other way ?

please suggest

regards and thanks

Yes. But keep open holes for recalling her again and again to a point of a nervous breakdown.

Advocate/ nadeemqureshi1@gmail.com

137. Examination-in-chief -

The examination of a witness, by the party who calls him, shall be called his examination-in-chief.

Cross-examination

The examination of a witness by the adverse party shall be called his cross-examination.

Re-examination

The examination of a witness, subsequent to the cross-examination by the party who called him, shall be called his re-examination.

Legal consultant

Yes, but on the new facts and circumstances relying on which you want to recall her. The court will examine the merit of your submission and if found suitable in the interest of justice, then only you will be permitted to recall her. In case of rejection of your prayer to recall her,the court will have to record the reason of rejection. If you are not satsfied by the order of the court then you can move to the higher court against the order of the tria magistrate.

LAWYER; LEGAL ADVISER/CONSULTANT& TRAINER

I agree with Mr.Adil rahman.

I agree with Mr.Adil rahman.

Legal Evangelist - TRIPAKSHA

Further cross-examinations happen on very few grounds.

Try it out.

Regards,

Shonee Kapoor
harassed.by.498a@gmail.com

Lawyer/Advocate

I agree with above experts

my ground is ;

cross examination  about her job as she is working in pvt sector and it is very difficult to get evidence by other means of her job (since in pvt sector no rti etc can be filed)

her declaration in many documents that she is unmarried like in passport form

Works In Judicial Department

try and file a petition to recall the witness

LEAVE A REPLY

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Search Forum

LAWyersclubindia Menu

Indian Evidence Act     |    x