LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

ashti (engineer)     12 September 2010

agreement with employer

Hi, I had signed an employment agreement with my company but it was not on a stamp paper & there was no stamp on it too..I want to know how much legal is this..I want to resign from the company however as per terms n conditions mentioned in the agreement they are asking me to pay 3 months gross salary which I am not in a position to pay..I am even ready to serve the notice period..however I have been told by my employer that even if I serve notice period I will need to pay this much salary since it is mentioned in the agreement..The payment thing & notice period both are mentioned in different pages in the agreement so they saying we can waive off notice period but not 3 months salary as you are terminating contract in probation period...please tell me even if am ready to serve notice I will need to pay them?(which I am not in a position to do) ..Please let me know what to do

Learning

3 Replies

moss (officer)     13 September 2010

Hi,from what you said-you signed an agreement with your employer but there was no stamp on the paper.sometimes they may hold you with your signature.however,if that is there customery behaviour you need to take things legally.there are ways and steps to relate to employer legally 

sai (MD)     15 September 2010

Hello!!  In most of the companies their is no need to pay any amount to the company when the Employee is willing to serve the Notice period. If u wish to serve the notice period then dont pay any money to the company, My best suggestion is "Serve the notice period and take a reliving letter(typed or handwritten) while leaving from the company" and once consult with your colleagues and find out what has been done by the company to the persons who had left the company without completing probation period.

Deepak Kumar Vasudevan ((Confidential))     16 September 2010

Simply put it is an extortion racket. The notice period waiver fee in most cases is exclusive of the notice period and most organizations keep it sail separate. Making one to compliment other clearly indicates a malefic intention of your HR.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register