LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nanditha (Staff)     15 October 2014

Question regarding compassionate appointment

I am employed in state govt office and there are 3 similar cases in my  office,wherein the first son/heir of the deceased govt employee has applied for compassionate appointment and later died when it is in process and then the second son applies for compassionate appointment.

In one case of the 3 cases, the deceased employee's wife has changed her application after applying for her first son,requesting job for her second son since her first son is ill. In the other 2 cases, the first heir died when proposals were in process

Though logically the second heir can be considered for appointment,as per rules in force, the govt instruction is not to consider applications of alternative legal heir after someone from the family has applied. There are no updated rules with respect to the above circumstance.

So please enlighten me if the there are judgements or rules that you are aware of related to the above case

Learning

2 Replies

Sudhir Kumar, Advocate (Advocate)     17 October 2014

how are you connected to the case.

T. Kalaiselvan, Advocate (Advocate)     19 October 2014

If you are entrusted in your office to deal with such cases, you may refer to previous incidences or consult your seniors about the same.  There is no illegality in it to seek employment on compassionate ground for an alternative candidate if the previous candidate expired during the process.  Refer the laws applicable to compassionate ground appointments from your records.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register