Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Bharat (Engineer)     17 October 2012

Question on succession certificate

Sirs,

Having gone through different posts, I understand that if I need to get the Succession Certificate, it has to undergo legal/court procedure.

In this regard I have few questions:

1. How long will it take to obtain the succession certificate from the court?

2. What documents would the court ask for granting the succession certificate?

3. Is there any time limit (from the date of death of Principal) within which I have to apply for succession certificate?

4. I'd be needing the Succession certificate for property purposes only, so should I still approach the Tahasildar for Legal heir certificate?

5. Will there be any fees to be paid to the court for obtaining this certificate?

Please advice on these points.

Many Thanks.

Regards,

Bharat.

Learning

1 Replies

surjit singh (Assistant)     27 October 2012

1.In a succession certificate you have to give notice to all the parties ( i.e. family members etc.), if they receives the notice and reply soon it would not take much time.

2. Documents proving that you are the legal heirs of the deceased.

3. No there is no time limit, but it is good that it should be done within a reasonable time to avoid unnecessary complicacy.

4. It is better to get it from court, so far tashildar is concerned if you want to implead your name in the tashildar's record then I think the death certifificate will serve the purpose.

5. As regard fee it depends upon the vlaue of the property which you are suppose to deposit befor the court.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register