LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Romel c (associate)     09 April 2013

Question on bank integrity

I would like to take advice for a case of personal loan existing on my name from icici bank as co applicant. 

On verifying my profile in CIBIL with the help pf CIS report, i got to know  a pending loan is existing on my name which i have never taken neither i was informed on the same.
 While taking the concern to ICICI bank and ran around different branches , i had been to the collection department and saw the co applicant form where my name is mentioned but the signatures done on the form are not mine and not matching with my signature, hence i want to take this issue to the consumer court and get justice on the same , because of this case my CBIL score has got effected and i haven been suffering since long.

I clearly state that the signatures are tried to be copied which could not be done properly and this is  a question on the integrity of the bank. In last 7 years i was never been informed or sent any correspondence on the same. Firstly from the naked eye , one can validate the signatures are not authentic .

I had no clue in last 7 years that such kind of loan is existing on my name . 

Please help to take the issue to the concern department and  raise the matter to get justice .

I have sent mail to customer service of icici bank to provide me the loan document where my signatures are identified but i am getting no help from them as such.

Need your assistance to resolve 

Learning

2 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     09 April 2013

---- You may demand certified copies of loan related docs e.g.:

·         letter of offer

·         copy of filled in loan application

·         copy of loan agreement

·         terms and conditions governing the loan

·         other documents such as schedule of fees and charges

in addition to proof, Pan card, address proof, Form 16, ITR copies collected by bank and name/designation/dept/address/employee code number of the bank employees who have reported as having met you in person, collected your docs, reported that they have obtained your signatures in person…and have signed checked and verified and have passed the loan.

You may also demand the certified copy of the verification report conducted by Bank and its agencies.

Banks are required to give authenticated copies of documents executed by you free of charge. (cf. para 8.11.1 of Code of bank’s Commitment to Customers)

You may demand certified copies of all documents along with certified copy of Code of bank’s Commitment to Customers, Fair Practices Code, and Compensation Policy of the bank….copies of the bank’s letters/notices/legal notices issued to yu along with the POD.

The bank has to meet all borrowers in person, see original documents, obtain copies and mark OSV on all documents,

----You may address your representation by redg. post to Chairperson of the bank Chanda Kochar, MD, narrate your representations made by you so far naming name/designation/dept/address of employees of the bank, minutes of the discussion and your demand raised by you and response of the bank.

You may mark a copy to D.Subba Rao Governor of RBI at;

governor@rbi.org.in

---You have the option of lodging a police complaint for fraud committed on you.

If bank, police, RBI does not yield you may approach a criminal lawyer/consumer lawyer as ap.

advocate praveen (prop.)     12 April 2013

Mr. Doab is right.  Apart from this you may also filing a criminal case agaisnt the banker's staff for doing such kind of conspiracy, cheating, creating false and fabricated documents to use as it is original for granting / taking loan.

File a police complaint for registration of FIR and issue a notice to the bankers.  You may also file a criminal case in the appropriate court of law.

regards

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register