Negotiable Instruments: Exhaustive Coverage by Adv Roma Bhagat. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


query relating to jurisdiction

the session court has awarded death penality to accused and high court has commuted it to life imprisonment. now the accused want to go to supreme court under which  section he shall approach. under section 374 of crpc or under any other provision. plz reply soon. urgent


 5 Replies

rahul trimbakrao deshmukh (lawyer)     26 March 2010

art.136 of contitution S.L.P.

Ritwick Dave (Lawyer)     26 March 2010

you will go to Apex Court in appeal against the order of the High court. sec 374 is Appeals from convictions which is acceptable. just hire an advocate for Apex Court


but sir Sec 374 states that trial held by high court in extra ordinary original jurisdiction. Can present case come under this. i don't think so . Plz clearify in detail. how 374 is applicable


Only under Section 136 of  COI as Special Leave Petition (criminal).  There is prescribed proforma for filing SLP, which is available on S.C. web site.

Shilpa chopra (Advocate Proprietor )     28 March 2010

i agree with prabhakar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register