LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

LK (Service)     30 May 2023

Query related to mental torture by wife on a daily basis

I got married(arranged) last year and from day 1 my wife started showing tantrums (mood swings etc. ) and always say I have dark past.

Soon after marriage I came to know she was in litigations with a guy where both parties have filed cases against each other and which were closed after their mutual understanding.

After confessing the truth my wife broke her bangles hit her head in the wall (no evidence since its first such incident and I was shocked).

Fast forward few days she has started stealing money and articles from home wherever there is no cctv , giving suicide threats on small things.

I filed a police complaint but to no avail , the stealing is still continued and now rather than giving suicide threats she is giving me silent torture by sitting in balcony , dark room at night , showing utmost weird behavior.

I am now sure she is a narcissist and can go to anything extent , her father has disconnected ties from her after marriage and says I don't know, she is your problem let me live peacefully.

Now the problem is how can I file a case since I have little evidence (audio recordings) and no evidence of her stealing.

Basically I lost my mental peace and cant trust her anymore.


 1 Replies

Niharika Lohan   01 June 2023

Hi R.S.

Adv Alpa has suggested you in the right direction. My add on to the query is as follows:

The Court of Law does not rely on mere statements, they need to be backed up by evidences. You are at ease to gather all forms of evidences, documentary, oral and electronic. Without evidences and proofs, your claim will not be entertained by the Court. Therefore, in order to contest a divorce case, I will suggest you to start accumulating evidences which affirm the allegations you have made against your spouse. 
You can file for Divorce on the grounds of mental cruelty under sec. 13 (1) ia of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 

Last remedy if you can talk amicably with your wife, then try your luck for convincing for a mutual divorce under sec. 13 B of Hindu Marriage Act, 1955.

I hope your horizon of knowledge has been expanded, for further information you can contact me via email at

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register