LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Kumar (Working)     14 September 2013

Query regarding ancestral property

Hi Sir/Madam, 

I have purchased a land in 2010 and wants to know if there is any dispute in this. 

I have purchased land from Mr X. He has got this property from his father. Mr X has total 4 siblings say A, B, C, D. In 2003, Mr X and along with siblings have shared their father property. X, A , B( Males) have got the property in equal amount and they given some money to C, D(Ladies). In 2010, i have purchased the land from Mr X. In this case, will face any problem from C and D(Ladies). 
When they divided property(In 2003), all of them are signed in partition document (Sale deed ). Will i face any problems from C and D or from their kids. When i purchased the property in 2010, only Mr X and his sons are signed.

-- I have another option. They are ready to take money without going to court. If i give some money to C and D and get the signatures , will i face any problems in future. Please clarify me.

Note ; I am hindu and i purchased land from Hindu.


--- Kumar


 2 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     16 September 2013

The right accrued to a daughter in the ancestral property, by virtue of the Amendment  Act, 2005 is absolute, except in the circumstances provided in the amended Section-6.  The excepted categories to which new Section-6 is not applicable are two, namely, (1)  where the disposition or alienation including any partition which took place before 20-12-2004 and (2) where testamentary disposition of the property was made before 20-12-2004.
1 Like

Dr. Jyothi Vishwanath (Associate Professor of Law)     16 September 2013

You should have made the daughters consenting witness in the sale deed to avoid future problems.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register