LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Mridul   27 August 2015



I'm working in private firm since Feb, 2014. Its been 1year 7 months now and employer has not spoken with me regarding Salary Appraisal. I know there is no law in India which bounds Employer of private company for minimum salary increment. 

But my query is different: I'm going to be a father in November, 2015 and my employer is not in mood to revise my salary.  I want to check is there any law/rule exists in India which bounds employer of private company to revise salary in case of increase in Family/responsibility?



 2 Replies

kameswarao S (Head HR)     27 August 2015

Employee has right to demand for minimum wages or the wages on par with the employee working in the same position ( part of equal wages) but no where mentioned about the annual increment.  However suggest to appriase your status to HOD / HR or the MD of the company & in case they didn't respond then better to look for alteratives as you worked for more than 1 year 7 months with out any increment / benefit.

1 Like

Kumar Doab (FIN)     27 August 2015

GO thru all service related documents carefully e.g. job advt, interview call letter, offer letter, appointment letter, any rule/policy mentioned in appointment letter e.g. HR policy/Service Rules/Employee handbook, certified standing orders and look for words like apraisal/wage revision etc.................


It is the duty of bosses/HR to initiate and conclude appraisal before due date.

If your position is covered by Min.Wages Act then look for notifications issued by o/o Labor Commissioner.

The employees representative/union/GRC/Works Committee/Trade Unions can negotiate wage revision with employer.


Change if you are not satisfied.

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register