LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vinod   02 May 2017

Purchase of land

Hello Experts,

I am planning to buy a plot of land. I am willing to execute the Mou, followed by Paper notice and then sale deed registration. \

are the above mentioned procedures APT for legally transfering the land on my name. The land is currently NA complete. 


 2 Replies

shrenik (lawyer)     02 May 2017

Perfect procedure Its not mou but agreement of sale

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Telangana state Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     02 May 2017

To purchase a piece of land, the following documents are required from the seller's end:

  • Original Land Deed of the current owner, known as the 7/12 document and also the previous owners with the proper names on the title.
  • An Encumbrance Certificate from the Sub-registrar's office for the last 30 years at least.
  • Release Certificate from the bank, stating that the loan on the land has been completely repaid.
  • Original property tax receipt and other bills relating to the plot.

For the buyer, the documents required include:

  • The Title Deed after it has been transferred to the buyer's name written by a Government licensed Document writer.
  • Receipt from payment of stamp duty charges: Now, you can get your land registered in the sub-registrar's office or have your name added in the village office records, as may be the case.
  • House Plan Approval: The State Municipality Act requires that a prior sanction be obtained by a person who wants to undertake construction activity for building a new house or modifying an existing one. The process has been made automated in most states and isn't time consuming. Your contractor, engineer or architect needs to take care of this. The architect needs to submit the Building Plan along with a prescribed fee for getting the building plan approval done.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register