Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Anonymous   26 June 2020

Psu is denying me noc

Dear All,

I am currently employes with SAIL and I am posted at one of the mines of SAIL. I have no clue what made them post me here. Anyway, the issue at hand is that I have an interview with a better PSU which will be posting me near to my hometown. Let me give you a background -

I applied for the Better PSU in 2018 and I was working with a Private organization then. Technically, I mentioned about the private organization at the time of filling the form since SAIL was not in scene then.

I joined SAIL in January 2020 after resigning from the private organization.

The questions are as follows-

1. Shall I hide the fact that I am working for SAIL? If yes, what shall I tell them as I was working with a Fortune 500 firm prior to joining SAIL. What lie shall I Feed them in that case. If No, what shall I do as SAIL isnt ready to provide me with the NOC.

Please help me out. I am too stressed and depressed as I am away from my place and in Mines ( PS- I am not a Mining Engineer)

Waiting for your response.

Learning

2 Replies

Dibsha Nanda   26 June 2020

Hello Sir.

It is not advisable to lie to your potential employer about your past employment as that could go against you, if a background check is conducted by the new employer.

As regards the NOC, you can't join another PSU without it. The current employer must grant you the NOC, provided you informed them before applying for the new job. They do not have the right to deny NOC in this case. If they still do so, you can file a written request to the authorized person, at least a week before the job interview. You can further, submit the copy of the request to the potential employer if you're not provided a NOC.

In case, the current employer remains silent and does not reply to the candidate despite the issue of reminders to provide NOC, then it is taken to be deemed permission to apply for another interview.

If you haven't informed them about seeking a job interview, you can resign from the job and pay the bond money to the PSU. You can inform the new employer that you have to resign and seek the Relieving order or Relieving certificate from the current employer as without NOC/relieving order, the new employer has power to terminate your employment. You may also ask the potential employer to provide you with a grace period to submit the Relieving order. 

I hope the answer helps you. 

Regards

Dibsha.

Anonymous   26 June 2020

Dear Ma'am, Thanks a lot for the timely comment. I wish to inform that the present employeer doesnt believe in providing the NOC and there is no Bond money at all.

The issue is about future employer. Resigning before the interview doesnt seem wise enough as getting a job in the grim economic condition will be same as inviting a pandemic to my life.

Anyway, I'll try to get NOC. Thanks once again for your time and efforts.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register