Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pradeep (Owner)     22 May 2013

Providing details of cheque payment

Hello Friends,

I am in need of your valuable suggestions. I was given a cheque from the court for compensation in one of the accident case where I was the injured person trough the Insurance.

The cheque was snatached nad then without my notice, it is being withdrawn, though the cheque was account payee within 2 days.

The source branch from where the cheque was realized from State Bank of Mysore. Now when I asked them to give the details of the bank name and the branch name from where the cheque had come for realization, the Bank people are telling that they do not keep those details. Only details that they keep is the name of the person to whom the money is deposited.

This process of realization has happened two years before i.e on 11-May 2011. Why is the bank so negligent in answering my querries? Is there any act in RBI, as per which they need to keep the details of cheque withdrawal. i.e to which bank and which branch the money has been credited.

What are the details, that any bank under the RBI should keep and till how long the Bank should be able to provide the details?

Please help me in resolving my querry.

Regards,

Pradeep 

Learning

1 Replies

Prasun Chandra Das (Banker)     29 May 2013

I think your query did not get any response in 7 days due to insufficient information posted by you.

SBM has all the details. If they cannot provide the details immediately, they should be able to provide the details within 1 week. Apparently, for  SBM, you are a 3rd party who has no relation with the chq payment. Maybe that's why they are not entertaining your request. You, on the other hand, are not only guilty of improper safekeeping of the chq (which you got after a court battle), but also of waiting for 2 years since the incident without doing anything.

My advice to you is to meet a lawyer and discuss the matter, and lodge an FIR with the police, immediately. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register