Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

MAULIK GANDHI (Tax Accountant)     15 December 2016

Prove ready reckoner price talk about ownership transfer only

Dear Seniors,

One of my client who is Income Tax assessee has sold tenancy rights of property for considration of Rs. 5Lakh.

When the agreement of sale of tenancy rights is made, amount enter in agreement as market value is Rs. 13 lakh, which is as per ready reckoner but ready reckoner only talks of market value in case of transfer of ownership.

AO want to take 13lakh as considration as per section 50C of IT act. inspite of 50C is not applicable in this case.

So my question is that how can i prove that price quoted in ready reckoner is for ownership transfer and not for tenancy rights.

Thanks in advance

Learning

2 Replies

adv.bharat @ PUNE (Lawyer)     15 December 2016

Ready reckoner rate were for paying stamp duty to government only. It was no relation with proving the ownership of property.

MAULIK GANDHI (Tax Accountant)     16 December 2016

Originally posted by : adv.bharat @ PUNE
Ready reckoner rate were for paying stamp duty to government only. It was no relation with proving the ownership of property.

Thanks for reply

How can i prove this is there any judgement or definition in act that say "Ready reckoner rate were for paying stamp duty to government only. It was no relation with proving the ownership of property."

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register