Protection and maintainance of senior citizens and property

A 82 year old man is a widower and a retired central government employee and is currently a pensioner has 4 children None of whom are staying together with him. He stays in the property registered in his expired wife's name. Wife had executed an unregistered will to her husbands name. Wife expired 3 years ago and Money for purchase of said property was given by Husband only he has proof in this regard. Since the will is un-registered, Sub registrar is asking for relinquishment deed's from all his children.None of his children are agreeing to give relinquishment deeds and contact father only once in six months or a year and 3 stay abroad. But the man doesn't want to file a probate case or go to court. Although children are not claiming their share in property or are not objecting the father. Father wants to get the property registered in his name and wants transfership and selling rights on the said property. Can the person claim that the amount he is getting is not sufficient and get the khata transferred and registered in his name on grounds of Protection and Maintainance of Senior Citizens?



Father has to probate will and afterwards property will be transfered in his name. 




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
Forensics & Evidence     |    x