New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

P VAMSI KRISHNA   08 August 2020


My father has two sons and one daughter. elder son was married and had 2 daughters. Daughter get married recently. Younger son is single. My father owns a property under his name. If he wish to write or gift his property or will to any one of his children. will it be acceptable or not. just clarify


 3 Replies

Shashi Dhara   08 August 2020

If you are Hindus you are governed by Hindu law and if it is ancestral property he cannot do anything with out consent of children's it it is self acquired then he has right to do as per his wishes.

1 Like

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     08 August 2020

It is the presumption that you are Hindu.  The property is your father's own property that means it is not ancestral property.  So he can do as he wishes.

1 Like

{Balu manikantan} SUBRAMANYAM (Practising Advocate)     08 August 2020

only self acquired property can be gifted or will can be made. 

1 Like

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register