Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sarathi Ganguli (Self employed)     30 May 2011

PROPERTY WILL

Hi,

I am from Kolkata.  My maternal grandfather died in the year of 2008. He is having 2 sons and 2 daughters. I am the elder son of his elder daughter. My mother passed away long time ago in the year of 1984.  I have a younger brother also.

Few weeks ago, I have come to know that my grandfather made a will and he left no provisions for me and my younger brother in that will.  Everything is given to my 2 maternal uncle and 1 maternal aunt.  He made the will in the year of 1996 at the age of 71.

When I saw the will, it was a 6-page will and it was signed by grandfather and 2 witnesses, except in 2 pages where it was mentioned that he is not keeping any provision for me and my younger brother (sons of his deceased elder daughter) and the other page was regarding the probate.  All the other 4 pages were signed properly, even in the paragraphs where he mentioned who (my 2 maternal uncle and 1 maternal aunt)  is going to get which portion of his property.  Can anyone tell me, is this is will is valid? As I am thinking of challanging the will.

And also my grandfather was not mentally in a very good state since my mother's (his eldest daughter) death, but I do not want to use this mental unstability as an issue when challanging the will.

Thanks.

Learning

2 Replies

mukesh saxena (consultant)     30 May 2011

my mother in law left a registered will regarding her part in ancestral properity. she has moved to court for its probate. is the probate of awill necessary in rajasthan.the respondents 1 and 2 are not putting their reply in court for along time and are delaying the case. what should do? _ m.saxena

mukesh saxena (consultant)     31 May 2011

my mother in law has left a registered will of her part in the name of my wife.my wife has applied for its probate in court. is it necessary to go for a probate in rajasthan?respondent 1 and 2 are not making any reply and are unnecessary delaying it.what we should do now?can we request court to close their reply and make an order._m. saxena

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register