Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sushaant   17 November 2017

Property sale cnt act jharkhand

Hello everyone

I have heard about this forum a lot. I have come to know that here, I can get answers to all my legal queries. So, here, I am presenting before you my doubts and problems regarding the sale of flat in Ranchi city of Jharkhand.

o I belong to Scheduled Caste. I have a flat in Ranchi in lalpur area. Due to my caste, CNT Act applies on the property. So, is there any way for me sell this property to a non scheduled caste person? Please give answers in accordance with the latest laws governing the sales under CNT Act. Help me understand this.

o If suppose I want to buy a property in future which is CNT Free, can I buy it as a person belonging to General caste? I mean, can I buy the property without specifying my caste? Is is possible to buy a property in such a way? 

The above questions are a result of the fact that due to CNT Act, I am unable to sell the property to a general caste person and also the SC people are not offering me good enough price for the sale. Please enlighten me in this regard. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.

Learning

5 Replies

MAHESH kumar   17 November 2017

What is the price of that flat. CNT SC hazaribag person need , 79790 55767,

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     17 November 2017

The CNT ACT also known as the CHOTANAGPUR TENANCY ACT came into force in 1908 by the britishers. It is a very important act for tribals as it focuses on restricting the transfer of land from tribals to non tribals.You can obtain N.O.C. from collector from the concern district and sell the flat/land.

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 November 2017

There seems to be some confusion.

Does you being a SC person; covers the flat in a building under the said Act?

Id this Flat provided you under some award/scheme?

Is it some building built for tribal’s on tribal land? 

Kumar Doab (FIN)     17 November 2017

GO thru:

‘Therefore, the government amended the state’s two important and longstanding Tenancy Acts, the Chotanagpur Tenancy Act, (CNT 1908) and Santal Parganas Tenancy Act , SPTA 1949 on Wednesday, Nov.23.’

https://www.indiancurrents.org/cnt-and-spt-amendment-bill2016-1444.php

https://www.business-standard.com/article/pti-stories/ownership-of-land-acquired-under-cnt-spt-acts-in-j-khand-will-116111601739_1.html

Certainly you must not conceal anything while buying or selling.

If the provisions of the scheme allow a SC person to apply in General Category then you can also apply.

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     18 November 2017

You should consult a local prudent lawyer before making any transaction qua selling or purchasing any such property which is governed by special act.

I presume you can neither sell  to anyone (including a SC vendee) nor purchase  any such property which is earmarked only and only for allotment to SC community. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register