LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Leena VM (none)     20 March 2013

Property rights

Property: House in Gujarat and empty. Property tax and electricity I pay in my name.

Ancestor property: no one knows and no record

Whose name: On my name and transferred based on grandfathers WILL documented in  Panchayat. WILL is not available or does not exist today. Property was transferred to me in 1985 (I was 20 years old).

Family Tree: My grandfather had two children. Son (my father – passed away) and daughter (widow). My father had 5 children including me.

Problem: My older brother is asking for 50% share.

Does my brother have rights to ask after 27 years or for that matter anyone else to question after 27 years?

Learning

3 Replies

Rama chary Rachakonda (Secunderabad/Highcourt practice watsapp no.9989324294 )     20 March 2013

You will get WILL copy papers from panchayat office since it is registered in panchayat office. Do not worry about WILL. As you said that the will property is on your name. Therefore the property is  belongs to you. If WILL is not mentioned your name, then it is since ancestral property it becomes equal share.

Yuvaraj (Computer Operator)     20 March 2013

Property: House in Chittoor, Property tax and electricity I pay in my Father name.

Ancestor property: My father bought the property on his father's name. Whose name: On my name and transferred based on grandfathers WILL documented in District Register Office. WILL is available with me. Property was transferred to me in 1996 (I was studying in school my mother was kept as gaurdian to me after my graduation it belongs to me (16 years old).

Family Tree: My grandfather had two children. Son & Daugther (my father – passed away) and daughter (Passed way). My father had 2 sons including me.

Problem: Iam my father's 2nd wife son mY fathers's first wife left him in the year 1978 and my father married my mother in 1984. My father's first wife has a son at that time he is studying in school Now he is working in Dubbai as Engineer. While Registering my father asked him whether he would claim this Property . But he said that he will not claim for this property . Then My father registered this property on me> My Father has passed away on 26-12-2011. Now he is asking to give 75% Share from this property. after 16 years of Registration of this property by my father> Now how can I get rid of this problem. Please give me solution so that we can proceed further.

Leena VM (none)     20 March 2013

Thank you for reply.

The only problem is that I do not have a copy of WILL and the Panchayat does not have copy even thought in there register it is mentioned that property was transferred by WILL.

Will not having WILL discard Panchayat register and hence the transfer 25+ years back.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register