LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sridhar V Sridhar (Employee)     13 October 2021

Property rights

I have bought a open plot, which I want to give to one of my child, out of two children I have, both are minors now.

As per my knowledge registered will deed is one way of doing this.

Is any other alternative ways are available? 


 5 Replies

Adv Neeraj Kumar   13 October 2021

family settlement deed

kavksatyanarayana (subregistrar/supdt.(retired))     13 October 2021

You may execute a Will even on white paper if one of the sons is a beneficiary, as of now he is a minor you have to appoint a guardian on behalf of that son.  And the Will comes into force only after your life and you can alter, modify or cancel the Will during your life. You can gift it through a registered deed to one of the minor sons, by appointing a person (maybe your wife or someone else) and you have to immediately hand over the property.  It costs less stamp duty.

1 Like

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     14 October 2021

Best option is will so execute will and get it registered in sub registrar office.

1 Like

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     14 October 2021

Besides the option of a will you may execute gift or sale deed in favour of either of them.

1 Like

P. Venu (Advocate)     14 October 2021

Admittedly, the children are minors. Why you are in a hurry?

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register