property rights

I am 25 year old woman I lost my husband in 2018 due to cardiac arrest. I don't have kids.. Do I have property rights on my father in law's property? My father in law property is earned by him ( not ancestral property)

No.  The property is the self-acquired property of your father in law.  so he can do it as he wishes.  But as a daughter-in-law, you request him to provide something to your lively hood if you no other income.


The problem is they claimed share and took in my husband's pf and insurance money? do they have legal rights on my husband's pf and insurance money? If they don't have, can I file a case legally to return money?

No. Only on the demise of your father in law and that too if he dies intestate without executing any Will

Yes, this is a repeated query. The author has already been informed that she is only a legal heir to the father-in-law (and mother-in-law), but has no right in the properties during their lifetime. However, the father-in-law is required to provide maintainance to the son's widow if he has the means and circumstances so warrant.

However, she has a claim over the insurance and PF benefits of the late husaband.

Maturity and integrity require that postings in this public platform are restricted to meaningful and constructive suggestions and that could very well be made without being judgmental of the querist or other participants.

Reply Mumbai : 9820174108

Originally posted by : OM PRAKASH
What I wanted to emphasize that before answering to the query, 'the experts' should weigh the query first and then offer their 'expert' suggestion. Otherwise this platform has become like ' Aaya Ram Gaya Ram'. The cardiac arrest at the age of 40 is rare and the difference of 17 years of age between husband and wife is rerest.


SO NOW you want the Experts herein to answer the queries as per your whims & fancies .... and you wish to give grandma directions to the Experts ????  

BEWARE of people like "OM PRAKASH" (a Frustrated & poisonous forked tongue Expert), wherein he continously spews out his Frustrations against various voluntary EXPERTS and the QUERISTS of this Forum. ONLY NEGATIVE CRITICISM, WITHOUT ANY MEANINGFUL OR CONSTRUCTIVE ADVISE.

Retired employee.

I do not remember your first query and taking the following aspect only into consideration:

The problem is they claimed share and took in my husband's pf and insurance money

Contact a local advocate as you are legally entitled to have your husband's property, though the nomination was prior to your marriage favoring his parents.  You should have bonafide proof of your marriage with husband.  Only a local advocate can guide you properly in the matter.




Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  


  Search Forum



Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query
CrPC Course!     |    x