LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Danish Siddiqui (Finance Manager)     29 January 2013

Property right in muslim property law

My mother has a parental property in Indore worth Rs 10000000. They are 3 brothers and 3 sisters including my mother. My mother's three brothers are staying in the property and have the possession of the property. Now my mother wants her share in the parental property for which brothers are not ready as they have the possession of the property and enjoying the benefits. She is thinking of putting a suit in court for her parental property claim. I have few questions on the same 1) What will be my mother's share in entire property as per muslim property law? I think it will be 11.11% but just wanted to confirm 2)What will be the court fees my mother has to pay to file the suit? Whether it will be on the entire cost of the property or only her share of property as per muslim property law. 3) Whether there is any relaxation in court fees for senior citizen women with no income. 4) What will be the right court to file the suit ? District court? High Court? 5) We are two brothers and have their own houses one in Indore and one in Mumbai, both of us are earning well, my father is a retired govt servant and getting his pension, and my mother has no income. Considering all these facts can my mother claim her share in the parental property or the claim will get rejected based upon above information. 6) Against whom the claim will be filed in court. My grandparents has not left any will for any of the members in the family and my maternal uncles have the possession of the property. Appreciate if anyone can provide me guidance on all the above question point by point. Appreciate this forum, appreciate your help on the same

Learning

0 Replies

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register