LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Nivedita.. (teacher)     10 May 2011

property right

 My friend's mother is a divorcee.Since my friend's birth she has been staying with her mother in her grandfather's house( maternal).She is  now 25 years old.Financially they are not strong enough to shift elsewhere. Recently however they have come to know that her grandfather has made a will where he has given everything to his only son.Her mother has 3 elder sisters as well, who are married.Now my question is whether there is any law in favour of my friend's mother under which she can claim her rights to her father's property?Does she have any such right?Please suggest.


 4 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     10 May 2011

If it is grand father's self acquired property then it is not possbile go get any share, if it is ancestal propererty then your frnd's mother will get equal share in the properties  because she is co-parener

1 Like

Nivedita.. (teacher)     10 May 2011

thnx 4 ur suggestion.If the house is on  a colony land,then is there any different law? 

Bharatkumar (ADVOCATE )     10 May 2011

Mr. rajeev is right and second answer in NO.

1 Like

SRISHAILA.DHARANI (Advocate&consultant)     10 May 2011

If it is a ancestral property, then your mother can ask her share, as she is also equal share holder.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query