Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Pulkesh P. Gunaicha (Manager)     29 July 2012

Property registration

Dear Members

My father purchased a flat sometime back. My mother is also a co-owner in the property. Almost all the installments have been paid till date. Before the agreement with the builder could be registered, my father suffered a severe head injury and became completely bed ridden. He is however mentally fit.

Since he cannot go to the registrar office for registration, please suggest an alternative way of doing the same. Does a notarized Power of Attorney in my mother's name will allow her to sign on my father's behalf and complete the formalities of registration?




 2 Replies

Adv Archana Deshmukh (Practicing Advocate)     29 July 2012

The Registration Act provides for such contingencies,  a person who by reason of bodily infirmity is unable without risk or serious inconvenience to appear at the registration office, in the case of such persons the registering officer can either himself go to the house of such person, and examine him or issue a commission for his examination. 


File an application in the Sub registrar's office, pay the requisite fees and the concerned officer will do the needful to examine your father and take his signature at home.

1 Like

Pulkesh P. Gunaicha (Manager)     02 August 2012

Dear Adv. Acharya

Thanks for the reply. Can we make a Power of Attorney in my mother's name to execute such formalities in future also? Kindly advice.



Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query