Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Vishal Sopariwala (others)     07 May 2012

Property registration

Good Afternoon,,

Please refer to my query as we had one (1) property under the name as GrandMother (1st Holder) & my mother (2nd Holder),now we have sold the property without any dispute,

1) now i need to understand if we wanna buy new property it should be registered under whose name ?

2) if the registration will be done under my grandmother name can that part of the property also be given to her childrens (as garndmother has 3 childrens). ?

3) Amongst 3 childrens can garndmother only give away her so called property to only 1person whom so ever she wants to ?

Learning

3 Replies

S Jadhav 98336 98330 (Jadhav & Associates)     07 May 2012

There are two issues that you seem to be referring to -

1. If the property was ancestral, then depending on your religion, the approprite succession act will be applicable to you on the basis of which you may have to decide how the proceed would have to distributed.

2. If it is about the Capital gains tax, then you have to calculate the amount of capital gains that each of the property owner has received and accordingly invest in another property to reduce or sve your capital gains tax.

I fell you have to personally discuss your matter with an expert as the query is ambiguous.

S Jadhav

Vishal Sopariwala (others)     22 May 2013

Good Evening,I am Vishal sopariwala grand son of sumitraben sopariwala,want to know few things on property related queries.

my grandmother wants to make a will in regards with property and some assets which are under her name,as she has 3 childrens,one my father,my uncle,my aunt (buaji).she wants to only give the will to my father,and not to her husband nor her rest 2 childrens.

so what can be done in this regards,kindly help me to understand the same.

LegalArrow ( Advocate Bangalore)     23 May 2013

if the properties are the self acquried propreties/ her absolute properties then your unc le and aunt have no rights in the same. However, the children of your aunt and uncle get ancestral rights in the property. they have equal share in the ancestral property.

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register