LCI Learning
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Ramesh Kadam   06 August 2018

Property purchased by my father when i was 17 years old

My name is Ramesh K . My father died recently in 2016 without making a will and without making a partition. But when I was a minor (age 17 ) but on the registered document my age is 20 years , he bought a land in my name and registered the same in my name in 1999, He was guardian then, the property is purchased by my father from his own salary, now after 15 years, Now my sisters and mother applied for a partition suit in the total property, claimg ancester property ( my grand father) and self acquired property of my father. My query is whether the propert registered in my name will be included in the total property or will it be excluded . Can I sell or make settlement to my daughter ? Please give your expert opinion. Ramesh K


 1 Replies

Adv Deepak Joshi +917017821512 (Advocate)     06 August 2018

Is somehow it can be proved now that at the time of registering the sale deed you were minor then that sale deed will be void.

As section 11 of Indian contract act minor is not competent to contract.


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Related Threads