Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Sukhpreet (architect)     03 June 2013

Property partition

Hello ,

My father passed away an year ago ,we lived in a joint family in our late grand father's house .Now after my dad passed away,I with my mother moved out of that house.Now my tayaji and grandmother want me to have the property constructed and for that they need to get the property papers transferred in our names .

Please suggest what is the best way to go -have the partition deed done by paying the stamp duty  or relinquishment deed or settlement deed . AS I DO WANT TO STAY IN TALKING TERMS WITH MY TAYAJI . and move away with my share .My grandmother does not want to live with me so she asks for a floor in my part of the share land .

They do not want to pay any of the stamp duty and want me to relinquish their share of 100 sqyds out of the 200sqyd total land . Please suggest if i do that how would I be liable or be able to get my share of 100sqys .

Learning

3 Replies

adv. rajeev ( rajoo ) (practicing advocate)     03 June 2013

You can go for one of the metnods.  But register it without fail.

Sukhpreet (architect)     03 June 2013

is there some way i need not have to pay the stamp suty and have a registered share of the property ?

Adv Akhtar Ali Sheikh (Property Law Consultant)     04 June 2013

In Maharashtra the stamp duty would have been only 200 rupees for the release deed, I do not know for your state, enquire from local lawyers. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register