Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Varun Mathur   03 August 2022

Property inheritance

I have 2 elder sisters, My father expired in 2002, and my mother expired in 2012.
My father left behind a flat
Without the will. Which is occupied by me. Both my sisters are ready to give noc in my name.
Under which court I should go and under which section to inherit.


 7 Replies

Advocate Bhartesh goyal (advocate)     03 August 2022

You,and your both sisterts are equally entitled to get share in property lrft by your father withouy case your sistrrs are ready to relinquish their rights and share in said property then they have to execute a registered relinquishment deed in favour of you.

Shashi Dhara   03 August 2022

In prelitigation lok Adalat all of you compromise.

muthu krishnan   03 August 2022

concern juristicion District court 

Dr J C Vashista (Advocate)     04 August 2022

I agree with the opinion and advise of expert Mr. Bhartesh Goyal ji, get reliquishment deed registered by your sisters and mutate the property in municipal records.

Varun Mathur   04 August 2022

thank you all for guiding me can you please tell me under which act it comes

Shashi Dhara   04 August 2022

Hindu succession act for Hindus .

sanjay kumar (BE/ LLM in Corporate Laws)     09 August 2022

Your sisters have to sign an Affidavit that they are withdrawing their rights over the property and have no objection if the entire property is transferred in your name. Get the affidavits regsitered and apply for Succession Certificate along with the Affidavits in the appropropriate Court. Once the Succession Certificate is issued by t he appropriate Court, the property will be transferred in your name,

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register  

Start a New Discussion Unreplied Threads

Popular Discussion

view more »

Post a Suggestion for LCI Team
Post a Legal Query