LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

sakthi vignesh kumar (consultant)     27 June 2013

Property dispute - need your valuable suggestions

Dear All,

Need your valuable inputs.

We own a 60*40 vaccant site(land) and the dispute is, neigbhourhood builder has constructed a house and part of it is constructed in our land also i.e right now we have only 60*39 and the remaining 1feet(60*1) is occupied by their building.

When we checked with the builder about the issue even they accepted it but when we demanded for our land they didn't agree for it and instead the builder is about to sell the constructed house now.

All the legal documets are clear (i.e) it clear says that the builder has occupied our land.

Now what is the procedure to get our land back?


Sakthi Vignesh Kumar


 4 Replies

Neha Chowdhary (Law Officer )     27 June 2013


U can send Notice to Builder asking him to vacate ur land.....ask for compensation.... 

Seek help of City Survey Office...file application for measurment...and after srutiny of documents and proper measurement apply for demolition of illegal construction...after collecting all documents.....Move court and file Civil  Suit for Eviction of Permises....

Produce all documents along with ur claim......



1 Like

sakthi vignesh kumar (consultant)     28 June 2013


Thanks for your inputs. 


Sakthi Vignesh Kumar

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     28 June 2013

being 1 ft you can negotiate to sell that 1 ft to the builder because already he had constructed and now breaking will be a loss even to him and for that reason and if you go through all this legal issues going to municipal office, court may be your wish but your mental tension will be more as your are the looser at both the ends till you receive the judgement 

so keep a proposal to sell the 1 ft  to the builder as a best option consult any lawyer 

1 Like

sakthi vignesh kumar (consultant)     28 June 2013

Hi ,


Thanks for your inputs. I will check about both the options which I have from this forum. 



Sakthi Vignesh Kumar

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register