Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

vishwanath   04 June 2016

Property dispute between brothers

Dear Advocates

My mother had acquired a property from my father by a way of registered sale deed in the year 1966. My mother had made a registered will of said property (house measuring 200 sq yards) in the1986 dividing equally among us two brothers. My father died in 1973 and my mother died in 1999.

As the property was not in a position to be partitioned my brother agreed to dispose his share to me for sale consideration amount of rs 3.15 lac and release deed is registered on my name in the year 2006 after making the said payment.

My brother age is 70 years and surviving with wife and 4 sons. As the property rates have gone high my brothers and his wife is claiming property back stating that my brother sold property without her consent. My brothers wife filed a pre litigation case under sec 19(5) with legal authority cell..

Please advise me where do I stand in spite of holding all registered documents including sale deed made by my father, will deed made by my mother and release deed made by my brother after for sale consideration of Rs 3.15 lacs

Regards

Vishwanath    age 64 yrs

ack stating that my brother sold property without her consent. And filed a pre litigation case under sec 19(5) with legal authority cell..

Please advise me where do I stand in spite of holding all registered documents including sale deed made by my father, will deed made by my mother and release deed made by my brother after for sale consideration of Rs 3.15 lacs

Regards

Vishwanath    age 64 yrs

Learning

1 Replies

Kumar Doab (FIN)     04 June 2016

The property that devolves from mother is not ancestral.

Your brother did not need anyone's consent to dispose in his life time.

Engage a very able counsel and contest. 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register