New LIVE Course: Learn the Practical Nuances of IPR Drafting by Adv. Gautam Matani. Register Now!
LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More


Property and Money Loan: Cheating and Breach of trust by FIL

Dear Legal Proffessionals,

I had posted on this forum earlier on a situation where my FIL had taken over Rs 50 lakh Rs from me and promised that he will build a property for me. A total sum of Rs 80 lakhs was given to him by me over a period of 10 years.

Now, my FIL is absonding and does not answer my phone calls, emails. I personally went to visit him in Chennai and his property is locked. I am based in USA and it is difficult to chase someone in India who wants to evade phone calls and emails.

Finally, I have drafted a official notice to him and planning to mail it by registered US Postal service. Pls see the document attached to this case for info.

Next, I have called the Police Station in Chennai to register a case. I am not sure under which section will the Police register the case ? 

What should be my next steps in filing a law suit ? What is this case about - Cheating ? Breach of trust ? Criminal breach of trust ? 

I tried to do a layman research on the keyword "cheating" and I see that there are more than one legal interpretation for cheating. I was under the impression that cheating was 420 only.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. 







 2 Replies

Raj Kumar Makkad (Adv P & H High Court Chandigarh)     04 May 2011

You have been cheated by that person which comes under section 420 IPC so you shall have to persue your already submitted application to the police and simultaneously you should also file a civil suit for recovery of your amount with interest and shall also have to obtain attachment order against his immovable known properties so that he may not sell those properties during the pendancy of the law suit. If you have any specific query against this matter, then let me know personally.
1 Like


Ld Raj Kumar Ji

Would you be able to help me draft my case. Pls let me know your fees. 


Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register