LCI Learning

Share on Facebook

Share on Twitter

Share on LinkedIn

Share on Email

Share More

Dinesh Mohanty (CYM)     15 April 2013



I bought a land in the name of my mother 20 years back. Now as she has died i want to transfer it to my name.please suggest the easiest and fastest method to do that. Also i want to know whether my sisters will have any rights over the property as the property is in the name of my mother. i have two elder sisters who are married. And if they do have rights and they claim it, how can i do the transfer without giving them shares as i hav purchased it with my own money and owed the maintainance cost of the property for these 20 years.

Also my mother didn't made any will and i don't hav any proof that i hav paid for the land

 please suggest.-

Dinesh Mohanty (dineshmohanty2@gmail.com)


 7 Replies

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     15 April 2013

It is agreed that you had purchased the property in the name of your mother..You dont have any proof  that you have paid...Since she died intestate, all children will get share in the property.

1 Like

Dinesh Mohanty (CYM)     15 April 2013

So how to approach for the transfer of the rights onto my name.

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     15 April 2013

Your sisters must be well aware that the property was purchased by you...Take relinquishment letters from your sisters...Contact local Advocate to get the property trfd in your favour

1 Like

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     15 April 2013

yes relinquishment deed will do and draft with a advocate to avoid any legal problems in future and all your sisters has to sign on that copy restraining there rights to transfer on your name 

1 Like

Dinesh Mohanty (CYM)     15 April 2013

Will relinquishment deed make me the owner of the property i.e will i be able to use services relating to property rights like loans, agreement or lease for the property.

And whether my sisters are needed to be present before the registrar for signing the deed or can be done in their absence.

Will i face any disputes in the future regarding the ownership of the property if i just make a deed.

Please guide for further steps.

Advocate Sastry (Advocate)     16 April 2013

Dear Dinesh,

From this forum we can give you guidance... You have to take the steps locally... I have already informed you to contact an Advocate locally and take his guidance... Advocate Mahesh also advised you similarly... Hence please contact local Advocate and get the entire transaction complete...  Good Luck

Adv k . mahesh (advocate)     16 April 2013

yes the relinquishment deed will make you the absolute owner and also you can avail loan but the deed has to be drafted with well experienced lawyer as there should not be any problem in future 

and about sisters they should present before the registrar for signature and two persons for witness and contact a local lawyer who will guide you 

Leave a reply

Your are not logged in . Please login to post replies

Click here to Login / Register